Image Map

Monday, April 18, 2011

One Thousand Gifts


I have just started reading the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It is a small book, and I know I could read it in one sitting if I wanted to. However, I have been reading a chapter a day, just chewing on it and thinking it through each day so I can really "get it". The main point of the book is that in order to truly live fully we must live in a constant state of thankfulness. Ann was challenged to make a list of one thousand things she was thankful for and it changed her life. I am joing in. I am not going to tell you any more about the book other than you need to read it. It's really good, and her writing is fantastic. She has a beautiful way with words. I have been getting her daily emails for months and did not realize they were from Ann!


So, here is my jumping in for my one thousand gifts. I'm linking up with Multitudes on Mondays and oh so thankful.




1. Quiet mornings

2. Sweet teachers

3. Dirt from my hard working husband on the floor

4. Loads of laundry that can get done in a machine

5. North Georgia mountains that never look the same

6. Birthdays to celebrate those that I love

7. Birds chirping all day

8. Sweet little girl fingers and toes

9. Seeing my sweet son in the pick up line

10. Warm water


It occurred to me that the song in my last post kind of goes along with this book. I think the Lord is trying to tell me something. Love it when that happens!

1 comment :

Garretts said...

love this post. what a perfect place to record your 1,000 gifts than your blog!