Image Map

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No Skeletons in this Closet!

Last week while the kids were on spring break, I decided to tackle our mud room. It is a room that is off of our laundry room. It often ends up being where we place (or throw) things that don't have a good home. So, after this happening all winter long, it was a huge mess. Because it also opens to our carport, it's hard to clean it out while the weather is cold (at least for a wimp like me) One day we had perfect weather, the kids were outside playing,and I decided to go for it. It was wonderful! I love, love, love getting things organized. Last year my husband put great shelves in our mudroom for me, so I just had to rearrange, throw away and donate the things in the room. This is the end result:





Don't you love the fancy sidewalk chalk holder?



Now you can tell there is a door in there! I still need to paint the steps, but now it is a fully functioning mud room where D. can come in with his dirty boots and clothes on and not get the rest of the house dirty! Mission accomplished!

No comments :