Image Map

Friday, May 30, 2008

Book recommendation


Most of you know I am a big reader. Huge really. I was in Wal-Mart last week checking the book aisle like usual and I saw this book, The Shack. It looked kind of interesting and since the recommendation on the back was from Michael W. Smith and the one on the front put it in the same category as Pilgrim's Progress, I figured it would be good. I bought it and started it when I got home. Two days later I was finished and still chewing on it. It is an incredible book, and pretty intense theologically but not in a boring or hard to understand way. The points made in the book concerning the Trinity and where God is in the midst of suffering and pain are amazing.


I of course shared the book with my dad. I wanted to see what he thought of it. We share books a lot. I called him a couple of days later and he answered the phone, "Hello, destroyer of sleep!" I said, "Dad, it's 10am I hope you are awake by now!" He said, "I am awake, but I couldn't stop reading that book last night and I woke back up at 4am reading it this morning. I have been reading and crying all morning!" I knew he would like it, but I didn't know he would love it like he did. So, we talked about it and all the points it makes and our favorite parts.


I would encourage all of you to get the book and read it for yourself. I found it at Wal-Mart, but I'm sure you could find it on www.amazon.com would rather. Go to http://www.theshackbook.com/ also to get some perspective on the author and his life. (it's his first book - amazing) I think you will be very thankful you did.

1 comment :

Kim said...

I bought my copy Monday, as soon as I got home Jay asked if I had gotten it. The next thing I know he's reading "MY" book, I guess I can share. I'm saving it for next week, but I can hardly wait to start it!
Talk to ya later!
Kim