Image Map

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Now what?

In my Monday post I told you all about my mouse situation. Well here is the rest of the story.

On Monday I got the heavy duty mouse traps, baited them with peanut butter (since the mouse apparently loves peanuts) and went to sleep. Tuesday morning - more mouse poop, no peanut butter and no mouse. I was not happy. Tuesday evening D. and I had to go to church for a meeting. I was gone for an hour. Came home - more mouse poop and no peanut butter, no mouse. I declared war. All I had was glue traps though. So, we put a couple of sunflower seeds smack in the middle of them and left them there.

Tuesday night we went to bed around 9:45. At 10:30 I got a text alert from my phone (which was in the kitchen) and that is unusual so I got up to check it. I also checked the traps. There was a mouse in one of the traps!!! I almost shrieked with excitement. It was still moving so I left it there. I figured it would wear itself out and it would be there in the morning. I did try to tell D., but he was sleeping and didn't want to wake up. So, I get up the next morning and NO MOUSE and NO TRAPS!!! Yes, you read that right. Part of the problem is that the back of the cabinet has come away from the bottom in the back leaving a 2-3 inch opening to the floor under the cabinets. Well, I could hear the mouse under there, but I was livid! How dare that stinkin mouse? D. got his gloves on and a coat hanger and fished out one of the traps. It was chewed to shreds on the ends. Un. Be. Lievable. I was so freaked out that the mouse would die under there stuck to the other trap. So D. came back home soon after he had left with real snap traps and poison to put under the house. He also fished around some more hoping to get the mouse. But, all he got was another glue trap chewed to shreds on the ends.

The crazy part of the story is that we have had the snap traps set ever since then and no mouse! And all of my mixing bowls, placemats, mixer, etc. is still on my counter. So what should I do? Put it back and risk having to wash it all again? I dread that thought. But how long is long enough? Ugh. I just don't know.

If you have any suggestions I am certainly open to hear them! And if you made it this far, bless you.

No comments :