Image Map

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sarah Got Her Groove Back

I've never seen the movie Stella Got Her Groove Back, but that's exactly how I felt this past weekend after I got to spend a bunch of time creating. I don't know what it is, but my soul needs creative time like that. It just refreshes me in a way nothing else can. On Saturday, D. was napping in front of the fire/football game on tv, Mallory was napping, Aubrey was playing and I was scrapping. I had already finished a baby hat I was making for a gift, so that was also fresh on my mind. As you have read, I have been feeling overwhelmed by stuff recently, so I just sat down and dove in. Between Saturday and Sunday I got 8 layouts done and began my Project Life book. For those of you who have done/are doing the picture a day thing, this is how I am doing mine. I didn't get a kit before they sold out last year, but this year snatched one up. It is gorgeous and manageable, and I am loving it. I'm also playing along on Janna Wilson's Stress Free 52 Week Challenge so I did a layout for it. I got to take a cable knitting class yesterday that was so much fun. Going to the yarn store is just a wonderful trip for all of my senses. Beautiful yarns displayed, soft music playing, and the smell of coffee brewing while I'm knitting. Ahhhhh. Anyway, I'm posting a couple of pics of my creativity this weekend. It has made me happy and has gotten my mojo working again! Woo Hoo!

5 comments :

Garretts said...

You go, girl! Glad you got a chance to get into your creative frame of mind...I'm sure it made for a wonderful weekend.

Oh, and I've never seen the movie either, but I'm thinking Stella gets her groove back by hooking up with a younger man. I also think it was based on a true story and the younger man eventually revealed he was gay. So, I'm glad it only took some scrapping & knitting for you to get your groove back! :)

our little family said...

so glad you got your mojo back...got any extra?? Love love love your new pages. One of these days, I'm going to come & sit by your fireplace and look at all of your hard work!!

Unknown said...

Love you Sarah! Dad from Colorado Springs, Its cold!!!!

Jennifer Davis said...

I would say so! Totally adorable layouts...that cookie one is just the best! =)

Thank you so much too for your comment regarding Zoey and her friendship with her special pal who may be moving...it really meant a lot. It's crazy all this mama stuff we go through isn't it?

Hugs to you!

Jen

Tara said...

you did get your groove back...love the pages!