Today is our anniversary - seven years! Somedays I can't believe it's been that long, and others seem like it's been forever. When D. and I got married, he started crying really hard in the ceremony. He didn't stop until we got outside. It really freaked me out because D. just doesn't cry very often (unlike me who cries anytime the wind changes). So when we got out of the wedding ceremony, we came around the corner of the church and I said, "Stop right here. If you don't want to be married, tell me right now so I don't have to go to the reception and pretend like everything's alright." D. assured me he was fine and did want to be married and we went on and had a great time. I'm sure there have been times when he has looked back and wished he could have answered me differently. But, I have loved being married to him. He is a wonderful man and does so much to keep me happy. We have both grown so much in these seven years and I know this will only continue. I am so thankful for him every day. Here is a list of seven things (one for each year) I love about D.
1. He is so doggone handsome!
2. He makes me laugh all the time. He really is silly even though he puts up a good front not to be.
3. He has awful taste in old country music, so he has expanded my horizons.
4. He is a really hard worker. I love his work ethic. I am so proud of him for it.
5. He is the best father. I couldn't have imagined how good he would be. I love watching him play and interact with Aubrey and Mallory.
6. He helps out at church and wants to do what God wants us to. He has strong moral convictions about things I wouldn't have thought he would.
7. He loves me! He knows all about me and loves me anyway!
There are many more reasons, and I have generalized some of these, but he is so great. I love him more now than I could have imagined 14 years ago when we met.
I am praying that we have many, many more wonderful years and anniversaries to come.