Image Map

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Sweet Friend


My friend Jenny (or Jen as she now goes by - she'll always be Jenny to me) has been my friend longer than anyone else. She and I met in Mr. Brinson's 7th grade Geography class. We didn't become close until high school, but she has been with me through thick and thin (literally and figuratively!) She and I even traveled to Venezuela and lived through a coup attempt together on a mission trip there. We have many, many fun memories and also some not so fun. If you want to know some of my most embarrassing moments, ask Jenny. You can also ask her what she thinks about my taste in movies. (; After high school Jenny went to Columbia Women's College in Columbia, South Carolina when I went to Brenau Women's College in Georgia. We were fortunate that my sister was living in South Carolina near Jenny's school, so we were still able to see each other. Now we live about 2 hours away from each other and try to get together as often as possible. Sometimes it's quite awhile between visits, but it's still wonderful, and she's still such a sweet part of my life. She has been a blessing to me for a long, long time.


Yesterday the kids and I met Jenny halfway at a Cracker Barrel for lunch. Of course both of them had to throw up on the way there, and it was raining and 37 degrees, but totally worth the trip. It was so nice to see her and catch up. Talking on the phone is fine, but seeing friends in person is so much nicer. We of course had a great lunch, and had fun talking about all the friends we have found from high school on Facebook. I finally convinced her to join, and we have had a blast finding people we haven't seen since graduation. I wish she lived right next door so we could do things like that all the time like the old days. But, we'll take what we have and enjoy the times we can get together. Aubrey, 4, took this picture of us and I think he did a pretty good job! Jenny, I love you and am so thankful for you!


No comments :