Image Map

Monday, October 28, 2013

Music Monday - He is With Us

I talk to my kids all the time about Jesus being with us all the time, no matter where we are or what we're doing.  The other night Mallory and I were talking about this and she said, "But Mom, what if Jesus gets in front of me and I trip over him?"  I tried not to giggle, and I assured her that he would not let us trip over him.  It was a serious question for her, and she is still not quite understanding all of it, but it was such a sweet and innocent conversation.  

This is one of our favorite songs right now.  Mallory loves to sing it in the car with me.  Hearing her sweet little voice in the back seat singing "He is with us." just about melts my heart.  I hope she holds that deep in her heart for the times when it feels like she is all alone and remembers that He is always with her.  

The lyrics, "We can trust our God.  He know what He's doing."  Seems so simple, yet it is hard to remember some times.  In the past few weeks I have had friends go through very difficult times - losing a child and losing a mother.  And this belief - that He is with us, is what helped them keep going.  I can't imagine going through life without this knowledge.  I often think, "How do people who don't know the hope and peace of Jesus make it through the hard times?"  And I don't know.  I know that I wouldn't want to try.  And I'm so very thankful that because I know Jesus as my Savior, I'll never be alone.  


No comments :