Image Map

Monday, September 16, 2013

Music Monday - Pushing Back the Dark

 Sometimes when I watch the news or read articles on facebook/twitter about the world we live in I can get very overwhelmed and discouraged by the darkness of the world.  In the past month I have had several dear friends share their struggles as moms with me.  We have all agreed that sometimes it feels like we are in over our heads in the world of parenting.  That the world feels too big and too crazy to overcome with our love and guidance as moms and dads, even though we know God is on our side.  And sometimes I think, "I'm just one little mom.  I don't really have a title or influence in this world and it is so big and the problems are so huge. How am I ever going to make sure my kids know and love Jesus and not let the world carry them away?"  Of course, Satan feeds these fears like I wrote about last week.  I truly feel that our families are constantly under attack.  

This song is such an encouragement to me.  It speaks to what I am trying to do as a mom and a wife and a woman in Christ.  "Keep on Pushing Back the Dark"  Whoa.  Isn't that what we are supposed to do?  Let our light shine.  It reminds me of a rock concert.  (I have never done this, but I've seen it on tv.  Y'all know I lead such a crazy life.) If just one of us would hold up our light it may not be much in the huge concert arena.  But, if we all hold up our lights, it lights up the entire space!  I love how it says, "Don't underestimate the God you follow."  I do that. I think we all have things we do this with.
Be encouraged, friends.  Let your light shine and keep on pushing back the dark.  I want our lights to shine like it says in the song "like a symphony crescendo".  A crescendo starts out quiet and gets louder and louder!  What a word picture!  We can do this together!

Don't forget this:

"You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."  
Matthew 5:14-16


No comments :