Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Music Monday

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24

I've recently been struck anew by no matter how bad our previous day may have been, God's mercies are new every morning.  I am so very thankful for this.  Starting over fresh is such a wonderful thought to me.  A clean slate to write on once again.  This song begins with one of my favorite hymns, "Great is Thy Faithfulness".  The lyrics are such a balm to my soul and keeps me focused on his goodness, which is truly so amazing.  Waiting on the Lord is not something I am good at.  There are several issues in my life, and I'm sure in your's as well, where waiting is not easy.  However, reading "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him" reminds me that He alone is enough.  Keeping my eyes on Him and his goodness, will help me wait.

What are you waiting for?  How do you let the Lord help you wait?  Let me know!


No comments :