Image Map

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Les!


Yesterday was such a special day for our family. Not only was it my mom and dad's 35th wedding anniversary, but it was the birth day of our newest family member, Lester "Les" Wilson Lane. (Lester is my dad's real name, so Les is his namesake - very special for my dad)
It was an emotional time for everyone. Last Wednesday, Leah went in for a final check-up before her induction on Monday and had one last ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that Les had a cleft lip/palate. Leah and Chris were shocked, but responded with such grace and faith that it inspired the rest of us. They knew that God has a reason for everything and this was part of His plan for little Les.

My parents and I caravaned down to Columbus yesterday morning. I was so worried that Les would be born before I could get there. But, he didn't, and we were able to spend some time with Leah and Chris before she was ready to deliver. Leah was pretty even in the delivery room. She had her hair and make-up done just like usual. I loved watching the monitors and telling Les to come out and meet us.
At about 4pm, the nurse said Leah was ready and Les' heartrate had dropped. They got everything ready and Leah only had to push for about 5 minutes. We were amazed that the dr. said Les is truly a miracle baby because the cord was in a complete knot. This is why his heartrate dropped so low when he was ready to deliver, and the dr. said he really shouldn't be alive. All babies are miracles, but Les is an extra-special little guy. He is probably going to need several surgeries, so keep the Lane family in your prayers. He is so precious. He has the cutest little apples for cheeks and the most precious little pointy chin like his daddy. He has peach fuzz hair and bright little eyes. I only got to hold him for a little while because I had to share him and then I had to come home. I am so thankful I got to be there for his birth though. God is so faithful and His sovereignty is hard to grasp sometimes. I believe His hand is on Les and He has something special for that little guy. Of course, He does for all of us if we only let Him. I haven't asked Leah if I can post pics of him yet, but when I do I'll get them on here. I can't wait to get down there to see him and the Lane's again! Thank you for all of the prayers for the Leah, Chris and baby Les yesterday. I know they could feel them. I'll keep you all posted!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

How precious and Praise God for his intervention in saving little Les :)

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

i'll e-mail Leah now. How wonderful. babies are such a blessing!

Erin said...

Congratulations to them! What a glorious story...you are so right! Les is extra special! You are such a great auntie!

Jill said...

We will continue to pray for Leah and the whole Lane family.

Garretts said...

love that precious pic of Les & his proud aunt. what a miracle baby...can't wait to hear how God uses him.