Image Map

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas pics

Hi everyone!
I hope your Christmas was as special and wonderful as ours was. We had a wonderful day at home just being with family. I wanted to post pics while it was still fresh in our minds. I didn't take many pictures on Christmas, but I had a few to show of our fun day.
Here we are making cookies for Santa! As you can see, everyone really got into it. Aubrey got to choose what kind of cookies we made, and he thought that Santa would like sugar cookies, so we had fun and made a big mess making Santa cookies. I know he loved them. (So did Mrs. Claus)








Aubrey and Mallory both got things to ride on this Christmas. A bike was all Aubrey asked Santa for. Actually he asked him for a "four wheel bike", which I had to translate to Santa meant a bike with training wheels. After we left Santa, Aubrey was upset because he had forgotten to tell Santa he wanted the bike that had a water bottle on it. I assured him that Santa would know. And sure enough, Santa came through. Aubrey couldn't even wait to get outside to ride his bike. Fortunately we have a long hallway, so he got to practice a little inside. Our hallway has miles and miles of Aubrey riding various toys up and down it. Mallory always wants to ride on Aubrey's four wheeler, but she isn't big enough yet, so she got her own little "four wheeler".

Bompie and Grandma Bonnie came over for lunch and we had fun playing with them. Then the Higgins clan came over for dinner. I channeled my inner Paula Deen and made her Peppermint Cake. It turned out good, especially with Mayfield Peppermint Ice Cream. Perfect for Christmas!
I'm always full of mixed emotions when Christmas is over. I love the decorations and special days, but I'm also ready to get back to "normal" (whatever that is). So today I am cleaning and putting away all our decorations. It actually feels really good and refreshing. It's still nice to have Aubrey home and all of us able to stay in our jammies for a long time in the mornings!
Also, if you would like to win $150 worth of Cosmo Cricket scrapbooking supplies, head over here Leah, not my sister, is giving them away. She is a wonderful designer for their team, so check out her blog. You will love it!

5 comments :

denine zielinski said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday....that cake looks so yummy!

Jennifer Davis said...

Looks like so much fun! Loving the photos of the cookie making! =)

Jill said...

Some super cute pics from your Christmas! That cake looks awesome!!

Kim said...

Looks like you all had a GREAT day!
What do you mean that it's not "Leah my sister" giving away supplies? I would think for sure she'd be having a "crapbooking" give away!

Charlotte Collier said...

I love all of the pictures! I have been posting blogs like crazy during this long break we are having. Will got a bike from Santa too.. with a water bottle on it. He had to ask for a water bottle too. He was so excited! I'm glad you guys had a nice Christmas!