Image Map

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ten Loves

I got tagged by my friend Jill, and the order was to tell ten things that make you happy right now. Here are the rules for being tagged:
List ten things that make you happy.
(Try to do one of those things today.)
Link back to the person who tagged you.
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day!

Here are my 10 things.

1. Snow! God finally heard my prayer and gave us a beautiful snow. Just enough to cover everything and make it pretty.


2. The Olympics! I love, love, love the Olympics, and am pretty much glued to the coverage during it's duration. (watching ski jumping and speed skating right now!) If I could participate in any sporting event, it would be the Olympics. I told D. and Aubrey that last night and Aubrey said, "You'd probably be bad in it, Mom." I told him I wouldn't care, I would have no hopes of medalling, just being there would be enough.
3. Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day. I have since I was a little girl filling in my Holly Hobbie valentines for my class. I have had so much fun decorating for it and making things for teachers and the kids' classes. Here are the dipped Oreos I did and the candy bouquets. Nothing original, just fun.











4. Knitting. I have been having a blast getting some knitting projects completed. Here is baby Elsie in her hat, Aubrey in his camo hat, and my scarf that is over halfway finished. I'm hoping to finish this weekend. I can't put it down, so I'm sure I will. I took a cable knitting class, and I love it! I have always loved cable knits, and the fact that I can do it now makes me very happy. I can't believe how addicting knitting has become, but how perfect it is for cold weather and what a great on the go craft it is.








5. My children's schools. They are not perfect, and I am not blind to their flaws. However, they are sweet community schools full of people who work extremely hard and love my children immensely. As a former teacher I was worried about my response to Aubrey being in school. I have been so thrilled. God has given me such a huge blessing through these schools. I am so grateful.
6. Project Life. Although it does add a little stress in my life b/c I forget to take pictures, I'm loving it.
7. Jazzercise. I just started the 12 week Jazz It Off program. We're having a competition to see which teams lose the most weight and body fat percentage. This is something I have struggled with almost my entire life. Ugh! But, my partner Pam and I are determined to win.
8. My sisters. We had such a great week last week when my sister Beth was in town. And I still love that Leah is so close now. It is just wonderful. Beth spoke at our MOPS group and it was really special for the three of us to be there together. My mom and aunt are also in this pic.
9. My husband and children of course. We have had a lot of fun hanging out in front of the fire, with the Nintendo DS and Wii and knitting, and etc . . .
10. Sweet blog friends. I have "met" several wonderful women from reading their blogs. Some of them were friends before blogging. But, I am blessed to have sweet women in my life. So go give them some love. Because they have been "tagged"!
2. Kim
6. Tara
9. Amy - Amy is a friend from high school whose family are missionaries in Paraguay. They are an amazing family.

9 comments :

Heather said...

I am a knitting addict too -- I love that it is portable and has little mess! I just learned to do cables -- can't believe I was afraid of them for so long! Happy knitting!

Cindy Tobey said...

Great job on your knitting! Your projects look beautiful!

our little family said...

YOUR HATS LOOK ADORABLE!!!! so cute. The cookies look yummy & wishing you good luck at the Olympics when you go...ha! maybe they have knitting races? or bake-offs? have a great week.

Between You and Me said...

bummer...it says that I'm not found when I click on my name...


let me know if I'm doing something wrong...chances are pretty great that I am. :)

kriswalls said...

I wish I could knit like that! My grandmother tried to teach me and I just don't have a knack for it! What a sweet mom your babies have, baking for their Valentine's party! My mom used to do stuff like that! I loved it then, but now I appreciate it on a whole new level.

Erin said...

great knitting!!! and everything else, of course! we have been loving the olympics too...winter olympics are my fav!

Kim said...

I wish I could knit.... it makes me nauseous for some reason.
Did my top ten!

Between You and Me said...

okay. WHEW! I finished mine. The only thing I forgot to do was tag you and tag other people. :(

I'm learning so much about all this blogging stuff!

Check it out when you get a chance!

Jennifer Davis said...

Oh, I love this! Thanks for the tag!