Image Map

Sunday, November 15, 2009

the rear view

So much of the time as a mom I feel like I'm looking in the rear view mirror of life. Thinking about the kids when they were younger, and missing those days sometimes. At times I'm scared to look ahead because the future is uncertain and the world is so scary. I can only wonder what it will be like when my children are in middle school and high school. I am constantly reminding myself to live in the moment. But, I also look in the rear view mirror of my car way more than I did before children. I have been known to appear as a drunk driver, swerving as I try to find Mallory a book or Aubrey a car. I have absolutely loved listening to them jabber as babies in the back seat, Aubrey's running commentary about every truck on the road, and now Mallory's talking about whatever comes to her mind - most notably baby deer. Here are two pictures I have seen when I've looked in the rear view mirror in the past two weeks. And for the record, I didn't put the Nerf dart on Aubrey's head. He did that himself and D. and I just laughed and laughed when he fell asleep with it on his head.

6 comments :

our little family said...

HYSTERICAL!!!!!! Love the dart on the head and miss priss feeding her baby. so cute. what a sweet post. loved it!

Sabrina said...

Hilarious!! They are too sweet!

Garretts said...

great post. i can totally relate on all fronts!

Kim said...

I can't stop laughing at that picture of Aubrey!

Jill said...

I showed Jameson the pic of Aubrey...he is still laughing!!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.