Image Map

Thursday, July 9, 2009

mornings


I am not a morning person. However, I do love lazy mornings when we don't have to do anything but hang out. I have been so fortunate that up until now in our lives we have had many mornings like that due to the fact that Aubrey has only been in pre-school 2-3 days a week. On mornings he didn't have pre-school, we usually end up in either his bed or our big bed and watch cartoons, snuggle or read together. The other morning, Mallory and I went into Aubrey's room when he woke up. We were laying there together talking and giggling, and I thought, "We aren't going to have many more mornings like this together because Aubrey is almost in kindergarten." I know that may sound overly dramatic, but I feel like our life together as a mom and children is about to have a major shift. Each morning we will be up early, getting Aubrey off to school. And as excited as I am about him starting school, I am a little melancholy about missing our lazy mornings together. I mean, just look at these sweet pajama babies!

2 comments :

Garretts said...

Oh, Sarah...you're not being melodramatic at all. I would feel the same way. I love the mornings we don't have anywhere to be. Jack & I watch Blue's Clues in our bed while he polishes off his chocolate milk and usually some cereal. It's the perfect way to ease into the day. At least there will be some school holidays, right?

Kim said...

Mornings in are the best! Wish I could have more of them instead of rushing around. Just think about all the holidays and summer break (it'll be here before we know it!).